If you would like to join and vote at our April 13, 2021 meeting click on the button below.
100 Women Who Care Portage County Announces January 2021 “Virtual” Meeting
When we cancelled our April 2020 meeting, the steering committee explained to members that, above all things, the health and well-being of our members is a natural extension of our compassion and commitment to our community.
Faced with these challenges, we had decided to replace our “in person” July meeting with a “virtual” nomination and selection process. This initiative allowed members to vote on qualifying charities from the comfort and safety of their own homes. We will, again this quarter, conduct a virtual meeting on October 13, 2020, 7-8pm.
How the Virtual 100 Women Who Care Works:
- Each member has the opportunity to nominate a local organization. Nominations must be received by October 10th. To nominate a 501c3 nonprofit organization please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- During the Virtual 100 Women Who Care event we will choose 3 charities from a bowl, the speaker will have 5 minutes to talk about their charity and 5 minutes of Q & A. Voting will be private and will be announced that evening.
In this time of greatest need this is an amazing opportunity to help your community by making a donation.
100+ WOMEN WHO CARE IS FOR YOU IF:
- Your time is limited but you have a heart for giving and want to give back on a bigger scale than you could do on your own.
- You are willing to commit to one hour every three months.
- You want to learn about – or let other women know about – the amazing work being done by our local nonprofits in the Portage County area.
- You want to be part of a caring group of women that are making an immediate and positive impact in our community.
- You want 100% of your donation to go directly to a local charity.
ATTENDING one giving circle (meeting) per quarter.
DONATING $100 per quarter to the charity selected at your group’s quarterly giving circle, whether you are in attendance or not.
The opportunity to NOMINATE a local charity that has touched your heart. If the charity is approved and selected from the hat, you will be asked to PRESENT the charity to the group.
VOTING at our quarterly giving circles.
TEAMS of 2, 3 or 4 may nominate one charity and get one vote at each giving circle. We ask teams to write one check per quarter versus each team member writing an individual check.
Giving Circle Dates: The 2nd Tuesday of January, April, July, and October